Skip to main content

Puppy Smiles and Red Rock

Some weeks, we are so tired because of our day jobs that we hardly have energy for the weekend. We went out to Red Rock only to realize that we didn't feel like climbing. We met up with some friends, watched them climb a few routes, and then ended up heading home. Despite the fact that we didn't climb, Ellie was in rare form and was so happy to be outside, as proof by her smiles in the pictures.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Rock Flurries

The break ended and Luke and I both headed back to the real world of working our nine to five jobs. Instead of adventuring whenever we wanted, we were back to heading out only on the weekends. After a tortuous week of work (not really just a normal week, but those first weeks back after vacation are always the hardest) we headed out to Red Rock to get some climbs in. It was a relatively quiet day, because there was a storm coming in about noon. We left early in hopes of beating the storm, because what is a weekend without being able to climb. Luke had picked out a new crag that we hadn't been to before because he wanted to try a 5.9 on trad. I wasn't particularly feeling well, my throat was hurting and my neck, and I didn't feel much like climbing. Luckily for me, Luke's climbing partner came with us. So while they were climbing, I was free to roam around and take pictures. I think I ended up with some great shots of Red Rock, as well as of Luke climbing. ...

Vanishing Falls

Rain seems to ever be our forecast here in the desert this winter, which means climbing outdoors is an impossibility.  We continually climb inside trying to get stronger, but it really isn't the same. We decided to take Luke's parents out to Red Rock to plan an upcoming trip. While we were there we stopped at one of our favorite pullouts, and there just so happened to be this amazing waterfall right off of the trail. Water in the desert is pretty rare, and it was wonderful to have the chance to see the water from the rain in this rare way.

Getting Back Out There

Almost a month has passed since my last post; not because I have been apathetic to this blog, rather the weather has caused a short sabbatical to our climbing. Each week the same routine would transpire. The first few days would start out beautiful, but by the end of the week the inevitable rains would come. We spent most of the month of January inside. We each found something to do to fill the time. Luke was working on a project with his dad and I spent my free time planting a garden of succulents in my house, trying my hardest to bring a little of that nature I was missing inside (one day soon I will post a picture or two). Fast forward to the first weekend of February. The first week in a month that it didn't rain. We both knew we wanted to get outside, but we also knew we hadn't touched rock in a month, moreover, many of the big climbs in Redrock were still covered in snow. Playing it safe, we headed to first pullout to do some easy sport climbing. Knowing I might not get...